Established in 1992, FS Design Group is a woman-owned, San Diego-based interior design firm that takes a people-first approach to both its client work and internal team collaboration. We work closely with our clients to design spaces that fit their needs while providing expert guidance, responsiveness and trusted design solutions. Internally, we focus on building a cohesive team that collaborates and grows together. We hold regular “Team” happy hour events where we share stories from our diverse backgrounds and learn about the latest design trends.
Our firm focuses on corporate office projects, commercial building re-imaging, healthcare environments, lifestyle projects and multi-family design. FS Design Group’s core values, which include integrity, optimism, fairness, and creativity are central to how we approach each project and how we treat our clients and colleagues.
We are looking to expand our team of creative and thoughtful designers. If you are interested in working on a diverse range of projects and have strong organization, communication, and time management skills, we’d love to hear from you.
- Interior design programming, space planning and concept development
- Develop design concepts in collaboration with team members, prepare presentation documents, and present ideas to clients and tenants.
- Prepare construction documents based on performance criteria incorporating commercial building codes, accessibility guidelines and established building standards.
- Support the project process including MEP consultant coordination and permit processing
- Process submittals, reviewing shop drawings, responding to RFIs and other construction documentation during the contact administration phase.
- Support multiple project and project timelines concurrently
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients, vendors, contractors, and business associates
- Prepare specifications and collaborate with outside consultants and vendors
- Work in partnership with the project team to provide continuity and consistent support through each phase to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in Interior Design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including English grammar and spelling
- Valid California driver’s license and insured vehicle as local travel is necessary
- Positive attitude, excellent work ethic, desire to learn
- Design talent combined with technical capabilities
- A minimum of 4 years of professional design experience is required; 10 or more is preferred.
- Solid abilities are required in AutoCAD or Revit, Word, Excel, Outlook and Photoshop.
- Experience with Vectorworks, Sketch-Up, Photoshop or InDesign is desired.
- Ability to sketch scaled space plans, elevations and design elements by hand when needed
- General understanding of building codes
- Ability to research materials, sources, images to support design concepts and other design related topics independently
- An aptitude and desire to learn other design programs and markets
- Capable of leading a project team or learning to manage a project from start to completion
- Strong presentation capabilities
To submit your resume and work samples for consideration, email us at [email protected]